Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-02-18, 02:07 PM   #5677
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 1

Quote:
I'd like to point out that the removal of the kanji was certainly done before the war broke out, but probably not finished on all vessels.
Quote:
and I would imagine, any "mistakes" we see in the kana & kanji would probably be a location that was somehow damaged, and took the paint off.
Just a small correction for a common misunderstanding: IJN never painted kanji on their ships. Kanji is Chinese characters, which are much more complicated than kana. They were used as official name in documents, but on the hull there were just kanas which indicate the pronunciations.
For instance, Shiratsuyu would be written as 白露 (Kanji) in documents, シラツユ (Katakana) would be painted on the side of hull andしらつゆ (Hiragana) would be astern.

Quote:
As for the implementation in FotRSU, we're dealing with a mod (FotRS) that the AOTD team worked on, with AOTD_MadMax as the team leader. As such, I'm sure he had modders that came and went, and probably ended up doing a lot of the work himself, though I do know that Rhonen (sic) was very active in the shipbuilding end of things, and they also borrowed mods from other sources. In the end though, real life dealt AOTD_MadMax several strong blows, such as loss of his job (more than once) and medical issues, so some of the things that they planned for the mod, and had partially implemented, were not completed...
Oh my god that's so bad......

Last edited by yyzBegonia; 01-02-18 at 02:27 PM.
yyzBegonia is offline   Reply With Quote