BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@BigWalleye:
Good questions.
At the time I produced the NYGM add-on, MSM-Interim-Beta was available widely. However MFM 3.2 seems to have replaced it.

The purpose of the
MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM fix was that it rezoned these ships in order to make them compatible with the slow-sinking model used by NYGM. I've never produced a similar zone patch for IABL's MFM3.2.

However I can provide you with some reassurance:
1. Installing the
MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM patch after installing MFM 3.2 will improve the slow-sinking ability of ships found in both mods (which is a lot of them).
2. Ships 'fixed' in the NYGM patch but not actually present in MFM 3.2 will not be recognised by SH3, so there will be no unwanted side-effect.
3. Ships in MFM 3.2 not found in the NYGM patch will sink unexpectedly easily (a very few may even self-sink in strong winds/storms), but there should not be any other difficulties.
4. When, finally, I recognised the problem that some users of NYGM were installing ships not originally rezoned for the NYGM standard, I changed the zones.cfg file and all NYGM ships so that now the zones of non-NYGM ships will be recognised as the creators of these ships intended. Thus these non-NYGM ships will not sink slowly, but should otherwise be completely stable.

All clear?

Stiebler.

Absolutely transparent!

I am installing MSM-Interim-Beta_NYGM over Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2.

Thanks for all the information. And for NYGM, which IMO is the supermod!
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote