View Single Post
Old 06-23-18, 08:18 AM   #6217
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
First of all I apologize with the forum for this off-topic But I do not like certain attitudes.
@J0313
Instead of sending me messages in private inviting me to "Keep your mouth shut" better you write publicly this on the forum,your thinks.
You told me that you did the war, this does not make you better or worse than the others,and above all it does not make you superior to anyone
One of the principles of democracy is perfectly explained in the sentence of Evelyn Beatrice Hall "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"probably this concept is not clear to you.I'm sorry man.
From Verona, Italy... Ciao bello.
I'm sorry to hear hauangua that you've received PM's from J0313 that have been less than appropriate on this matter. I too have received his PM's with rude intent and obviously he has an ax to grind! It's one thing for him to PM me regarding "The Hipocracy" (his spelling not mine) of using AI Torpedoes in-game, but quite another to take it out on a player who only wants to give his own opinion....contrary to his.

You know, I didn't want to pull out my "trump card" (no intentional regard to my "beloved" POTUS), but there were 52 submarines lost during WWII. Out of those, the "Official" reason of 16 of them is classified "Unknown". The prospect that at least one of these "unknowns" could have been lost due to enemy torpedoes is just as plausible as the loss of the Corvina...….. which was indeed lost to a Japanese submarine torpedo attack. Maybe a little reading of "historical" information will enlighten the subject?

Try this "Final Patrols of the 52 Lost Submarines".

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote