View Single Post
Old 09-01-08, 11:18 AM   #14
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777
When getting into action, the only turret that will fire shells would be the playable one, I
suppose? Others will make no fire at all, even by AI?

P.S. Great job Peabody, THANKS for a wonderful cruiser!
All the guns fire. If you get a popup screen like "Warship Spotted" select Engage. If you don't get the screen, you are probably not close enough. You can either select the deckgun and click the man the deck gun icon and fire at will icon. (same for the AA) or you can put them at Battlestations and they will man the guns, then give them the "fire at will" command. They will start firing when you are within range. If it is very foggy or raining, you may have to use the binoculars to find the ship and hit the spacebar to select it. A yellow marker will appear on your target. You may lose contact and have to repeat this in bad weather.

Make sure you do 'fire at will' for both deckguns and AA (flak) in case a plane comes over, although you usually get a screen when a plane approaches asking if you want to dive or engage.
If you get the popup the man the guns and fire at will are selected automatically so don't press them again or you will be telling them to cease fire.
All the guns including the AA work, not just the playable ones.
Just make sure you don't fire a torpedo by accidently hitting the enter button, you will blow up. I am going to try to do a fix for this so at least it doesn't hit you own ship. I may have it go ahead and fire but move it away from the ship.

Edit: one additional note. Because of the position of the guns on the side and rear, be aware of your heading so you can turn to allow all guns to be able to aim at the target. A straight in approach and the side guns can't hit the target so they don't shoot. In real life they used a technique called "cross the T" They would try to cross in front of another ship (expecially BBs) so you could bring ALL your guns to bare, but the enemy could only use the forward turrets. And even though you gave them a broadside shot, the distance to actually hit you had to be very accurate, because you are not very wide, so some zigzagging and it was hard to hit you. But in the game it doesn't seem to work very well. So I usually use a slight angle so the side guns can shoot and it is usually enough on this ship so the rear turrets can shoot too. On some playable ships the rear turrets can't turn as far forward as these do.

Thank you for your comment. Now you will like it even better with all the guns firing.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 09-01-08 at 11:37 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote