View Single Post
Old 02-22-18, 03:54 PM   #28
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack174 View Post
Switching radeon cards will probably still use the same vertex? shader compiler with the same errors and issues, apparently these seem to behave differently than the intel/software implementations, but replaying opengl traces shows a lot of shader compiler errors (that could be a wine problem , have to test with native d3d9 dlls), so if the radeon driver path has some more issues with these this could potentially break differently.

Did it at any point in time work ok with any of your cards under wine ?

To answer your last question first: Yes, from 1.7.30(when I installed Fedora 20) up until WINE v2.6.
v2.7 and up have had this issue.

I tried my R7 370X because it uses the Radeon kernel driver, not the AMDGPU kernel driver, although both use the RadeonSI (SI=Sea Islands *I think*) mesa driver. In case the error was with AMDGPU....

As far as you comment about testing with actuall d3d9 dlls.
This gets complicated typing, just to break it down so I don't confuse anyone, or myself:
I have SH4 through steam.
I have Steam installed in a 32bit WINE prefix, ".wine32".
In ".wine32" I have DirectX 9c and DotNet 2.0 installed. (Initially because S3D needed dotnet.)

I also have a "Steam install" in the default 64bit ".wine" prefix.
I also added SH4 here to test the LAA patch and larger mods.
The default prefix uses "stock" WINE dlls.

It flickers in BOTH prefixes.

The only thing I haven't tried is downgrading Xorg to 1.17 (from Fedora 22's release) and installing FGLRX, which would replace a rather large chunk of most of the probable areas.
This is what I used on my last PC with HD6750s, and this current PC up until kernel 4.8.16 with both the R7 370X, and the R9 380.

Also may try XFCE, or LXDE, as I've read of various troubles plaguing one desktop while trying to game, but not another.

I'm just running through all the possibilities.

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote