View Single Post
Old 03-28-11, 07:33 AM   #82
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Stoianm, i'm still having problems with the AOB reseting when using the stadimeter. I know you said its a bug but I looked at some of the documentaiton in the NewUI mod and there is mention of a AOBFix that can be enabled to make sure the AOB doesn't reset every time you enter a new range with stadimeter. How do I enable this?

I also read through some posts from TDW in the NewUI forum where he talks about using the dials and entering the range and aob with the red button instead of using the stock XO box to enter data. If I use the AOB dial added by TDWs mod will that fix this problem?

It's too hard to reset the AOB after EVERY range entry so I'm pretty much only using the 90 degree fast attack (aka Dick O'Kane constant bearing) methods until I find a good way to fix this. These methods are good but not every tactical situation is suited to them.

I suppose I should post this in TDW's UI forum also but you are always so full of knowledge and experience about SH5 manual targeting.
TDW know the problem already ... not need to post on the UI thread ... and he will look at this problem but at the moment he has another ,,bigger fish to frie'' probably... and i am doing like you ... because of that i am using the fast 90 most of the time... but you can use this trick to corect the problem:
1) take range
2) take AOB
3) mark the bearing corespondent for the AOB:
for example bearing 360 corespondent for AOB 80 degree and the ship is heading to your direction
4) take range again... here your AOB is reset... you can corect the AOB by reading the new bearing.. for example:
new bearing is 355 degree
dieference for bearing is 360-355= 5 degree ===>> the AOB then is 80+5=85 degrees... so you do not need to calculate again the AOB ... just to do an fast math
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote