View Single Post
Old 02-02-10, 09:14 AM   #7
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Thanks frinik.

Somthing about the technique of the game (BattleCommand) .
The landscape is a mesh terrain generated from a painted heightmap with milkshape. I rendered the colormap with terragen. Over the colormap i took a layer from google-earth (ukraine satellite photo) to get more naturally colors. After that, the enviroment is placed with another map (1color pixel for each house, plant eg..) so its more easy to build up the landscape. The skybox is also rendered in terragen. The mountains are painted in the sky texture. We try to make it flexible for modding if someone wants to do that later. There is no leveleditor and we don't plan to write one.

We need round about 3 weeks for the map with all the enviroment without programming (i can only work 2h a day in the evening). The map is now 94.000 tris big. On my old PC 3 Ghz single core with a ATI XT1600 i have about 51 FPS (60 Frames limited) with 1280x1024 32bit. Nicdel had on his notebook without frame limitation 200 FPS. I plan for the game models not more than 2000 poly, so i hope that it will run fine on older machines.

What you can do acutally in the game? You can drive the tank (3rd person) and change to gunner position (first person). You can shoot and there is collision between the shoot and other tanks/ landscape. But you see only a dummy explosion. It is a really early version of a "game".

Sung

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote