View Single Post
Old 09-20-18, 03:47 PM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I know what the Russian interests are because I talk to those who formulate them, rather than viewing the events externally through the lense of confirmation bias.
Against such iron and naive determination to trust politicians and leaders, all argument is helpless, and all reason must fail, always.

Quote:
The term if "security dilema", essentially by trying to improve your security you generate threat and through reaction decrease your security. This is why the build up in Baltics was slowed down by both sides, as to avoid this happening quickly.
Russia has - slowed down...? More like they have completed their set buildup targets. The West still lags behind in that region, very seriously. Also, it has run out of money a bit. The number of Armata tnaks to be pruced thus has been recued. Good will had nothing to do with it. They could not all be afforded, simple as that.

But since you talk to those who formulate Ruissia'S interests and naively trust in the truth of what they tell you, again I am in a hopeless situation here. Believe in what you want - I still form my views by what I see happening in real life - and that is in full collision with your description of it. Reality beats theory. Every time. And claiming right the opposite of what one is doing, has been integral part of Russian policy again since the Krimean operation at the latest.

I start wondering whether you intentionally try to take me as a fool... That I am more neutral and by attempt more objective on Russia than many others here in this forum does not mean that I am stupid and believe just any propagandy, ikalugin. Don't try me. If you would understand my thinking on Russia coimpletgely, you maybe would be surprised how determined I am indeed regarding it. I just see the weakness of Europe and its indifference with as great objectivity and neutrality. That is why I see options against Russia the way I do. Sympathy has nothing to do with. Nothing. - On the political level, all this. Nothing personal - not against you, nor against the Russians as private people.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-20-18 at 03:56 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote