View Single Post
Old 10-30-17, 12:12 PM   #77
mkiii
Soundman

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I know, materials and material bindings have always been a PITA for me. Something I have learned is that, before deleting an unused material, you better save the file after having made sure that it is no more bound to any of the meshes found in the file. After that, you close the file, re-open it, and only at this point you can remove the material, but not before having crossed your fingers with one hand and knocked wood with the other
I save after doing anything now gap, then if something is bad, its no great loss. learned that lesson early, renaming the main bone screws the file as well as crashing the editor, going to try it on an unmodded file....see what happens.

Quote:
That would be one problem lesser though, if I am not mistaken, the 6-cyl used on Type VII u-boats and the ones fitted on the IXD2 were different engines...
will do some reading, although a 6cyl, is a 6cyl. it will have to do.

Quote:
Who knows, maybe we can stick models contained in different files using prt files (sort of what is done in SHIII with 'placement' nodes)
no I was thinking clone the mesh in max, then put 4 of them into a single file....worth a shot.

Quote:
Amazing!

Don't forget the emblem faces/materials
I was more surprised than amazed tbh, already done Gap, dont know why the black square shows in that shot, I could not see it when I grabbed it, and its good in Goblin as well
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote