View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 11:04 AM   #11
Steelkilt
Mate

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0

Crew Mgt...I used to get rattled by the empty seats at the diving planes when I submerged until I watched the guages and saw the ghosts(AI I suspect)were taking care of everything just fine while not filling the stations with the deck crew. Submerged I went to GQ and the stations became manned and the conning tower filled up. BUT...according to the roster the deck crew was still vunerable to DC attack. SO....I'm not really all that excited about letting the AI handle the crew while submerged.
I'm thinking the micro-mgt approach might be better for the well being to my crew. Such as keeping them at interior stations unless surfaced.

Is the positioning of the deck crew hard wired into the main game engine or is there a way to let them shuffle to thier assigned positions under the appropriate circumstances presented, as a commanding officer would expect? I hope I don't sound bitter about this, I'm not. I just seems "babysitting"(especially when I'm plotting an approach) losses some of the realism too me.
Steelkilt is offline   Reply With Quote