View Single Post
Old 07-21-09, 02:44 PM   #7
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by feld View Post
BTW, recommend you guys document stuff like that in your appendices, informational brochure, and website feature lists. Reason I say that is that I read the manual cover to cover and gave your website a very thorough going over and still had many questions about the fidelity of your models. The rare sort of bird who would really love this game might not buy it (I almost didn't) because all of the wonderful things under the hood are ...well...under the hood.
Yeah, that's a valid point. Please send in a suggestion to that effect via the bug server (which lets you change the message type to "suggestion").

I guess the problem is that we figure that most folks who would be interested in this sort of game at all are naval grogs. Thus, we we say the game's got full and accurate environmental effects, we assume that a naval grog would expect everything on his 10-page mental list of such effects to be in the game, would spend several hours looking for each item, and would complain if he didn't spot one. He wouldn't ask which items are present before looking, because he secretly hopes to find some obscure thing that's not in the model and then crow about it. You know how naval grogs are :rotfl:.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote