Swabbie

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
OK,
found that file:

All this does is replace the menu.txt. from Russian to English. So the main menu is in English.

As I said before, I had a full "google translation" of the rosters but lost it due to a USB drive crash... When I have the time, I will re-create the roster file.

As to the main game translations, I use the map to find my missions, and as another poster has said, translating into English for non-Russian speakers is such a long process for us.

But then you have to ask yourself, If we have problems, then the SOM Group also have their own problems in translating into English...

Fingers crossed between all of us, this mod will soon be playable for all.

But I have to say.... there's another MOD from mother Russia in town.
Well, I'm gonna try exactly as you posted, only without the Quick Start mod. Idk if I'm correct, but the BFB English Campaign v2 should replace the German campaign files, right? Because in the version I have, the files replace the stock campaign files, so I changed the name adding the "GE" to the end of BFB English Campaign v2\Data\UPCData and BFB English Campaign v2\Data\CampaignsCampaign.
As long as some really basic stuff are in English, I can manage to sail through the game alright, translating a few things with Google Translate app. As I said, in the process I get to learn a bit of a new language, so that doesn't sound bad at all.
Atm I already managed to have BFB English Campaign v2 working and getting into the campaign, but I'm getting a lot of CTDs. I was using a few other mods that perhaps were causing this: RealMine, Russia Radio, Russian Voice Crew, sh4 Soviet Awards and Nomograph. I'll try with and without them and see what gives. Anyhow, thanks a lot for all the patience and hope the team keep up the good work, it's fenomenal.

alestori is offline   Reply With Quote