View Single Post
Old 11-30-13, 05:41 PM   #18
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hotcliff View Post
Ach so mein Freund!

It sounds very interesting indeed. Can understand that IWT piece was tempting
Last year, I got a very nice "Beobachtungsuhr" also a replica, now from Luftwaffe..wonderful stuff they recreate. For this year, they have produced a RAF Pilot Watch WWII , but I have to restrain myself now..there are limits after all. Enclose a few pic's of my german luftwaffe uhr and the coming RAF.

Nice to share some interests here

Merry Xmas to you too,

Hotcliff
Quartz or mechanical movements? actually have Laco 40's movement Flieger watch which I have restored; I keep a watch maker reasonably occupied and just restored a LeCoultre 1957 Bumper-matic thru my Jeweler. The owner didn't want to restore it so I got it for $60 put in the bumpermatic movement ($400) and tadaaA one 1957 $1600+ working timepiece. The (now)JaegerLeCoultre guy at Tourneau said to let him know the next time one comes into play. I get first crack at time pieces that come into play at the local jewelers to appraise or buy and in one instance stopped a fraud on a fake Patek Philippe. There are ethics involved; I contact estate sale agents if something is seriously under priced-generally out of ignorance; Caught a 18 carot gold Gübelin with diamonds-old Deco style going for $50 and we amended it to a more reasonable $10,000...alas no commission-treasure 'im Hölle' only! and just to stay on thread, when your loader says 'target at two o'clock', u verstag!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote