View Single Post
Old 08-12-08, 02:20 AM   #58
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Ghost ships?

That is a new problem for me. I have never seen it before, and I have played two complete careers (1939 to 1945) with NYGM 3.0, as well as numerous test patrols.

The ship you have illustrated in your three pictures is one of Iambecomelife's new merchant fleet. As stated in the download documentation, some of these ships have been properly rezoned for use with NYGM, and have good zone properties, some have not been properly rezoned but their existing sinking-zone properties have been altered to give them slow sinking times.

It is true that sometimes those ships not properly rezoned do not appear in your log after you have sunk them - however, this is rare.

Can you provide more details about ghost ships? For example, what are the weather conditions? Have you attacked them with guns or torpedoes? Do they ever vanish without being attacked? Thanks.

On a related subject:
Sometimes you may receive a radar-warning of an imminent attack by a radar-fitted bomber. However, the bomber never arrives. Instead, a 'ship-sunk' symbol appears on your map, because the aircraft has suddenly crashed before you saw it.

I have been trying to discover the cause of this behaviour, with no success yet. Unfortunately it happens so rarely, and the effect is not reproducible in controlled missions. It is particularly noticeable when passing on the surface north of the Faeroe Islands (Torshaven) late in the war, and it seems that strong winds are also required.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote