View Single Post
Old 03-03-18, 04:23 PM   #404
RobertoMoreno
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
There is a dedicated widescreen mod for GWX called Conus' SH3GWX Widescreen Mod.
I know that it runs without problems and decent optics, plus docs on how to use the tools.
I find the Ahnenerbe WS very good, but alas it has some broken ego placements in the sub when using right-mouse. To the point I'm not using it.

Against crashes:
The resolution for the 3D in-game is controlled by the d3d9.dll in your main game folder after installing Ahnenerbe's mod, there is a .ini file too, but you shouldn't change it, it will re-scale the res to 1920x1080. But for that to work correctly you must set your grafic card setup to Fullscreen and 'Scale With' GPU. Also maybe you need to set a lower resolution on your desktop before starting SH3. Also of course: your monitor must support 1920x1080!
I dl'ed Conus, however, I'm still experiencing that crash upon trying to start a patrol. It loads to approx. 90% and then CTD's.

I managed to set off on my first patrol via Konigsberg in a '39 start, but ever since then I have gotten nothing but CTD's.
RobertoMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote