A. the adjustments at NYGM's enviro :
http://speedy.sh/JzqkS/NYGM-Enviro-A...y-makman94.rar

and
B. the adjustments at NYGM's crew visual settings :
http://www.speedyshare.com/N9RVB/NYG...y-makman94.rar

installing the mod :
--------------------

1. firstly , enable the Night Vision Fix at the executables fixes

2. look for the configuration settings file called as ''hsie.ini'' and set there the value 0,4 . look at pic:

then enable the supplements for V16B1 & Stiebler4B_V16B1

3. enable the ''NYGM Enviro Adjustments for NightVisionFix by makman94''
4. enable the ''NYGM Only Crew Visual Sensors by makman94''

here is shown my mod list on the NYGM's setup:

testing the NightVisionFix :
----------------------------

run again the test mission i posted at my previous post and go to the bridge. Nelson is at 17000m far away but absolutely nothing is vissible anymore:

now , start your engine and wait for Nelson to start fading at horizon. this will happen at about 6600m ( i hate to revealing distances but ,in this case, is necessery. the 6600m is the result of the value 0,4 that you puted in the hsie.ini configuration settings file. the ''0,4'' gives a 60% reduction to fog's curtain. in the absolutely clear nights ,like the one in our test mission, a 60% reduction means that the fog curtain will be at about 6600m).
as you can understand , its up to you now how close you want to put the fog curtain during night. a value ,for example, like 0,2 will give you 80% reduction and so on.
here is the Nelson starts fading at about 6600m :

now , its time for the sensors to 'talk' . short after the Nelson's appearing the spot will come. its up to you how fast you want this to come.
becuase of the different monitors -enviros ,here you have to take a little time and synchronize yours and crew visuals.
if your crew is spotting the ship before you then you must raise a little bit the Visual Fog Factor that is located in sensors.cfg (steps of .01 at this sensitive factor are ok for making your experiments).
if you are spotting the ship before your crew then you must start lowering the Visual Fog Factor.
here is the spoting of Nelson a little bit later:

now, everything is in your hands to create as much darker environments as your tastes are and with the Night Vision Fix you can control the fog curtain and make your nights as more realistic as you want ,being in harmony with your environment. plus, you can have a sunchronized crew with your visuals.

Isn't this one of the most evolutionary gameplay features that hardcode fixes provided? gameplay at night is really hard now (in fact ,it is as more harder as you want it to be) .
H.Sie managed way much more things than the ones me and Rubini were aftering. we had some disagreements on what the 'realistic' default reductions would be and suddenly he come in and said : ''calm down guys, i will make it adjustable by a .ini file so everybody will be huppy !''. me and Rubini ,not even to our best dreams, ever imagined that all these will be a reality for sh3.

i hope to enjoy it you too , as much as i do
Thanks for all the effort it took to get h.sie's Night Vision Fix to work properly.

I have a question, though. Implementing your new NYGM Enviro Adjustments for NightVisionFix by makman94 changes the environment colors from your M.E.P. 4.2 and completely replaces the Optional Flat Sun Fix. A quick check showed that important color values are different. So which should I use? Will the new NYGM Enviro Adjustments for NightVisionFix by makman94 negatively affect M.E.P 4.2 (which I really like and don't want to lose)? Are the EnvColor values in the new mod the ones you are currently using, and are they compatible with M.E.P 4.2?

Last edited by BigWalleye; 10-23-14 at 10:26 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote