View Single Post
Old 12-07-09, 10:27 PM   #162
MajorMagee
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
That is awesome MajorMagee, I don't even know where to begin.
Maybe if you tell me some of the things that where ignored that
you could give me a heads-up on. That would be a good start.

Your Help Wanted!
ZeeWolf
It's been a while, and I don't think I still have the notes on file. One thing was that it was supposed to represent Operation Bagration but they didn't even have any Panthers. There was some effort to supply them with 3D models of battlefield paraphernalia to make the environment a bit less sterile, but those never got adopted.

Another was the lack of a usable scenario editor, and an easy way to add user missions. We knew a fully functional Multi-Player mode was key to the games longevity, but of course that was a partial birth abortion upon release.

We argued endlessly for the ability to control the other tanks in your platoon, and to have more dynamic AI rather than the tightly scripted closed end scenarios. We looked for a way to call in artillery support, but were told that Soviet tank crews never did that.

Then there was an endless list of inaccuracies in the models, and game physics that they though made it more playable, but just made it a joke to the real simmers who might have kept it alive long enough for a revenue generating sequel.

In short, I think we were looking for the depth of simulation, and functionality of Panzer Elite X, but with better graphics. Well, we got the graphics, but that was about it...
MajorMagee is offline   Reply With Quote