Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
So just to be clear, never use it?

Ok, I will try to be clear.
I know you don't have to use that tool because:

1)
TWoS has managed to make the campaign to advance in all possible SH5 game versions, being from Steam, U-Play, DVD, hacked etc.

2)
I'm currently updating my personal modlist with custom 'campaign advance' radio messages to tell the player what to do. So does TWoS. Here is an extract of WoS message, followed by my modded message for my modlist.

-----------
TWOS:

Transfer Orders - HIGHEST PRIORITY:||Continue intensive operations against allied shipping in areas of your choice until the end of May. Do not return to port! Refit in Heliogolend or Bergen only if necessary.|After that, head for your home base but do not attempt to dock until 7th June 1940.|If automatic campaign/flotilla transfer is not initiated until then, save your progress and consult TWoS documentation for alternative campaign progression method. Further orders will follow.|BdU

MY MODLIST:

Transfer Orders - HIGHEST PRIORITY:||Continue intensive operations against allied shipping in areas of your choice, but latest until May 31. Do not return to port!|After that, save the game, quit to main menu, ALT-TAB to Windows, read the file CAMPAIGN_TRANSFER_READ!!.TXT located in your savegame folder and follow its instructions. After switching back to the game, you will soon start new campaign adventures of your choice. Happy hunting, Herr Kaleun!|BdU

---------------------------

You see the difference? When playing my modlist with Tonnage bar , you need to advance campaign manually. When playing with TWoS instead, you don't need to do anything but just follow instructions above.

Once you understand that, you don't need any testing tool, you mod the game accordingly, or you just play TWoS without testing tool
I guess the testing tool is there for Veko, the WoS modmaker, to troubleshoot players by asking them to use the tool in special conditions so he can know for sure what's wrong. This is, how you say in English, Auld Lang Syne ?

Cheers,
XS

XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote