Old 06-23-10, 07:00 AM   #13
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Ok, long post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Could you redo the needles on the black-face gauges to a more visible color? Unless, of course, it ends up messing with other dials. I think some of the boats had yellow needles, but I'm not positive.

Other than that, great work!
BIGREG is working on redoing the needles to be yellowish/golden looking. So now worries mate, they are on their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
It's nice and eye catchy, but looks more like a modern office or hospital rather than a WW2 battle boat This mod disable Bigred's mod? I see no more dials in engine room...
No, me and BIGREG have been working together on some stuff, and I made sure that my mod is compatible with his. The problem you are most likely seeing is this: I patterned the electric gauges after real ones, but the needles have not been redone to be brighter (golden colored) so black needle on black background. Just wait a bit and we should get this cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Very nice .. however if I do not like the colour of the interior walls and floor can I just simply install AilWhiteInterior and FloorPack-Black(blue, etc) over this?
Yes, the wall are a little too yellow in my opinion, I might just tone that down. It is supposed to simulated white walls with yellow looking incandecent light shining on it. Anyway, yes AilWhiteInterior and the FloorPack mod can actually be installed over mine, just tell JSGME to do the overwriting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Nice work SteelViking

By-the-way, what UI are you using? I find Darkwraith's UI MOd too fiddly. I use Voice Recog and that reduces the need for alot of buttons on the interface. I'd prefer to interact with the 3D swithgear, but SH5's sadly lacking in this department
I stopped using TDW's for the exact same reason basically. I use a modified version of reaper7's HiRes UI(modified because I helped him do some stuff making it, so I sort of customized some things). I find that it looks good, and will stay out of the way if you want it too, so you get the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post

I am looking for the location of the texture of the needles and at the same time the possibility to add more light to the interior dials

if you want i can change the reflection of the guages lens via the .sim
I have also been looking for the needle textures, and I cannot find them.

Anyway, which gauges would you like to make brighter, I can simply brighten the textures? In fact, some of the gauges if you look are supposed to be backlit, and I have been brightening those lately. If you change the reflection in the .sim files, they might become harder to read.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote