View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 10:28 AM   #2160
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Default About Blade Runner 2049

Well, here are my thoughts of the film!

I liked, liked a lot. I enjoy it, but it is not a mind blowing experience, if someone is expecting that. Of course, that is, for me. Also, the film is quite slow, with some action in the beginning and then takes pace in starting to unravel the action, but I did'nt find it boring.
The film is very well made and filmed/shot, I enjoyed several film planes/angles. As in last film of the director, Arrival, the colour tone is very light gray, that is quite right for the continuous rainy weather of LA, as in Blade Runner, but I preferred the orange tone when the main character goes to another city.
The soundtrack is good, but I would have loved if they went more "Vangelian" in some musics.
I do not want to expose the plot, when more of you seen it, we can discuss it.
The film tries and hits to stand on its own. It is a sequel but they do present a new story with new elements.
There is, of course, a few references to first movie, but they are quite good placed. One for me was a surprise, because I was not expecting; another was foreseeable with the unavailing of the story. Also the brand products displacements are a bit in your face, but since that kind of future as does, they do blend in perfectly.
What I missed was the claustrophobic ambient of the streets, that exists in Blade Runner. They do show that in a new way,but it lacks, for me, the crowed streets environments.
The questions about life/death, are one/we alive, biological/artificial and so on, mainly focus in the replicants and the philosophical discussions about it in the first movie do have a bit of an update here, but that would be reveal a bit of the plot.
R. Gosling does a good job, with several emotional and non emotional scenes and Harrison Ford is also quite good again as an older Deckard; the support cast is also fine and Jared Leto for me was quite good in that role (not a big one, pitty).
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote