View Single Post
Old 06-01-12, 06:10 PM   #4177
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

The big issue for me is....who want's typhoon waves under blue skies. It's ashame we can't connect wind/waves to storms, so you only see larger waves in storms. Be nice if we could add more wave patterns, but again unless they're somehow connected to storms...mute issue.

Also seems the game is coded to 15mps winds. I thought about dumping the 0 wind wave prop and just start with 5kt's , what ocean has 0 winds.., and work up, but it appears the game defaults back even if you set winds to 20 or more, not that it effects your waves per say.

Gonna tweak these down a tad and see if I can spread more distance between the swells. I guess I could tone them way down and just have a small swell mod, but would I like to see some large swells in a storm...ONLY

The last ones using the S boat slowed it down about 5kts, not too rough of a ride and sub doesn't go into submerge mode no more than before. Maybe a tad sim adjustment would help, but you can't really go far there.

Possible sensor issue on the visual end, guess waves should cut them down some, haven't looked at radar issues yet or how height would effect it.

Please someone figure how to connect higher wind patterns to storms only.

Been working on my env mod for a long time now, it wears me down with all the testing, shelf it, then back at it later.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote