View Single Post
Old 04-21-16, 06:26 PM   #503
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
I have found the SM mod + mod patch to be compatible with no problems in either of the Total Germany or Happy Times campaigns.
I will just point out that I did not complete the HT campaign but was involved in the first 2 missions but not the 3rd.
I have seen reports of ctd's in the Mare Nostrum campaign but I cannot comment personally as I have never reached this campaign with TWOS to date.
I decided to start a new campaign from the beginning as I wanted to use 100% realism so I am back in TG again.
Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I started Battle of Med campaign via silentotto with TWoS and SM and I had CTD in the bunker of La Spezia. No problems in Coastal Waters and Happy Times - both completed. Now I'm running Med campaign without SM and no problems (19 savegames and reloads).

Vecko adverted me about problems with SM in the Med and it seems true.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Interesting as I believe the Kiel Port has the most modded items.
Very unusual for CTD happening in a Bunker unless there is a .UPC file error or corrupt save game.
What is different about the La Spezia Bunker?
Are the Buoys closer to the La Spezia Bunker?
Is there a Ship nearby that has running light illuminated?

As for .UPC file errors I do know that TWOS 1.05 has many errors. Example Below: data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\UpgradePacks.upc
Code:
[UpgradePack 2]
ID= UpackUb7FUMO29Radar
NameDisplayable=UpackVIIFUMO29Radar-Name
Info=UpackVIIFUMO29Radar-Info
Notes=UpackVIIFUMO29Radar-Notes
FunctionalType= UpFTypeSensorRadar
UpgradePackSlotType= UboatType7Radar
ImageIndex=14
Type=NULL
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 0
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=NULL, 1942-06-01, 2000; There are 2 UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1 settings and what's the Highlander saying?
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1942-02-01, 1942-06-01, 2000; There can only be one 1 option
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions2=1942-06-01, 1942-08-01, 1000
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions3=1942-08-01, 1942-10-01, 900
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions4=1942-10-01, 1943-02-01, 800
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions5=1943-02-01, NULL, 300
IDLinkUpgradePackElements= EqpFumo29RadarApp, NULL, EqpFuMO29
TrackingID=601
In EUF v1.4 one of these lines were commented for testing so ALL upgrades were available at game start.
When uncommenting one line the other needs to be commented or removed.
This error is repeated on almost all of the Upgrade Packs.
Not sure if this is enough to cause a CTD but may contribute to one.

Also, if the user has not completed a entire Campaign, U-Play will overwrite the UpgradePacks.UPC file in regards to Campaign Reward Skins to ensure the user can not access them until they complete a Campaign. This result in several upgrades not being available for install and makes a mess of the Index Images.
EUF v2 that I am currently working takes U-Play into consideration and I am pretty sure I have made the appropriate adjustments but will need someone to test it soon. Currently having issue's with Radar Warning Receivers that I hope to resolve soon.

Back to QR1 issue's:
The Room_QR1 mod I posted has two(2) Ray Traced Halo's. The Dinning Table Light and Toilet Light.
With my version of QR1 installed you will notice when you first enter the sub after loading save game or starting new game that there is a lag spike when you turn towards the Radio Room. This lag spike started after I added the Halo's.
MANY items around the Harbor area's such as Buoys and some imported ships also have Ray Traced Halo's.
I really think the Halo's are the problem. The only reason I added them was to make the Light Lens color change to Red at night and after many different setting changes. I couldn't get the lens color to change. So, when I have the time. I will make a new version without those Halo's and maybe try a lightweight Search Light on Table Light with a 1m to 2m range with a wide angle beam pointing down. If it works, it will look pretty cool with the light swinging around in rough sea's. I already have part of it in place in this current version I posted.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote