View Single Post
Old 02-21-18, 08:15 PM   #24
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
I'm still chugging along with WIN XP, never seen LINUX or any of the VISTA and later operating systems. To throw out a few ideas;

1. From what I've read in various other games, some of the later versions don't come with DX9, so VISTA / WIN7 users had to download and install DX9C to make older games work.

2. I got flashing from newer video cards and drivers, reduced by turning off detailed ripples and 3D ships wakes in graphics options. Turning down hardware acceleration one notch (suggested for mouse problems in XP) also seems to help. Don't know how it works in later systems, but for XP;

START, RUN, "DXDIAG". Go to SOUND tab, set slider from full acceleration to standard.

Probably something similar in VISTA / 7 / 8 / 10 (was there a 9?) no idea about LINUX.
As far as I know WINE is fermented fruit juice and I wouldn't advise pouring it into a computer.
Well, I tried DxDiag and it doesn't give me the option to change the hardware acceleration anywhere. It doesn't actually "see" the hardware, but it does tell me that acceleration is on and possible.

But since WINE is "faking" or 'redirecting' everything to the Linux equivalents that's not surprising...

Short version: Hardware > Kernel driver (hardware control) > mesa (OpenGL) > WINE (faking and redirection) > SH4.

A "hiccup" anywhere and it might not work.

I tried adjusting settings, but nothing stopped the texture flickering that I'm getting.
I'm getting the flickering in the menu too, where the 'environmental' settings should not make a difference.

I will probably downgrade WINE to an older version to test.
Nothing that didn't work in 2.5/2.6 works now, so I'm not losing anything.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Barracuda

P.S. Fermented anything can stay away from my computer!
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote