Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Amazing!

Note that the approach I suggested, if it works, might require each rail/launcher to be a separate gun. The reason is that the virtual muzzle that the explosive flash effect is spawned from, needs to be really close to the "unarmed" rocket model (the one attached to the rail), for it to be destroyed by the explosion.
When a multiple-muzzle gun is elevated/traned, its muzzles move away from gun's pivot point, so it it would be impossible making sure that the muzzles are always close to their respective rocket, unless we make rockets to unrealistically turn together with the virtual barrels. On the contrary, if we have separate launchers for each rocket, the one muzzle and the one roket can be placed on the same coordinates as the pivot point of the virtual gun, and the muzzle will alway "fire" its explosive charge at the center of the corresponding rocket, no matter whan gun's elevation/training is.

Some other advantage of having a separate gun for each rocket, is that we could place any number of rails under aircraft wings (2, 4, 5, etc for each wing) , we could have any combination of rocket rails (say for example 2 AP + 2 HE for each wing) and by moving the equipment nodes appropriately we could make each rail to follow more closely wing's profile.
The one downside that I can think of, is the time required to create multiple rocket hardpoints on aircraft models, and for setting their equipment files appropriately
I perfectly understand and I agree with you.