Old 09-21-18, 02:22 PM   #3232
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

This one is for vienna has music and everything

Thanks. I live in the part of LA known as Hollywood, either famously or infamously; there is another thread about neighborhoods where members were asked to post what their neighborhoods looked like, but I was stymied because the Hollywood area is so mixed: a blend of tourist hangs, residential streets, media industry business, and the usual sort of businesses found everywhere. I live on a quiet tree-lined residential street, on the far East end of the block; if I walk West and turn North a couple of blocks, I'm at Sunset Blvd., a main thoroughfare in Hollywood; if I walk a couple of more blocks, I'm at the famed corner of Hollywood Blvd. & Vine St. The area has changed a lot recently and a lot of the changes are not necessarily for the good since they have resulted in the loss of a lot of the old Hollywood landmarks and vibe. To show how weird it is to live in Hollywood, a few blocks South of my place is Paramount Studios, butted up to the Holly Forever Cemetery, one of the oldest in Los Angeles and the final resting place to stars from way back in the silent era to today (Dee Dee Ramone is interred there); there are all sorts of old sound stages and old studio facilities, still in use, all over the place; Charlie Chaplin's original Studio is still here, about a mile away, and is the home of the Jim Henson Co. (Muppets, Sesame Street). Hollywood has been a strange place to live over the past 40+ years and appears now to be becoming another outpost of Starbucks and other gentrified blandness...

But I will always have a place in my soul for my original home town of San Francisco:

<O>