View Single Post
Old 05-26-11, 11:56 AM   #1515
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkels View Post
Just thought I'd drop in to say hi since this thread has been somewhat quiet for a couple of days. I've been through all the tutorials multiple times and now am trying to apply what I have learned to the fishing boat NF_Boat_4. Progress is a little slow, but heck, it's my first boat. Once I get the UV Unwrapping down it'll get a lot quicker.
I haven't even opened Photoshop yet, but that's something I already know how to work with very well, so once the unwrapping is finally done to my liking, it'll go pretty fast after that (I hope )

btw, am I the only one who actually enjoys the optimization process? Hans made it sound like it's the most tedious part of making a ship the HAHD-way, but I actually like doing it
Speaking of the big boss, anybody knows what he's up to?
Thats great mate, can't wait to see your fist creation. Likewise I don't find the UV Unwrap too bad either - once you get into it its quite fast to get results.

Although the model I'm working on now is a different beast to my first fishing boat (Much much bigger - possibly the biggest in SH3 )
And the UV unwrap is a whole lot more complicated this time around.
I've also totally rebuilt the stock 3D Model to match the real deal as close as possible - even rebuilt the rear end of the Hull and prop sections .
Much better looking

As for Hans, Hes working on something big and so hes keeping low till that's complete (soon now) oh and hes got some new tutorials almost complete too .
So keep checking in, not long to go to 'Jaw hitting the Floor' time .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote