View Single Post
Old 08-13-17, 05:57 PM   #533
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
In a very long winded way, yes that's what I am saying. It is good and getting better.

I have increased the number of splash-spawn nodes from 8 to 12, and the effect looks pretty nice. Tomorrow I will release a new patch probably

Quote:
Not sure about the double vision problem reported in my last post, though
Quote:
Sorry, but noticed another strange effect - when the wind blown spray is spawned the light tower goes double vision
If you mean the sharp edge where the spray particle lays over the tower, that's due to the particle being on a plane which is behind tower's 3D mesh in that point. Maybe we can fix that glitch by playing with the DepthBias parameter.

Quote:
IMO they used the word heading instead of direction...
That makes perfect sense. Dev's usage of the term 'heading' in place of 'direction', misled me

Quote:
Hopefully you'll find something that has gone un-noticed before (re my thread and sub threads on Funnel smoke)
I have been doing some research on the forum, and I have read that every attempt to make FX particles affected by real wind in SHIII, has failed so far. The one thing that other modders managed, is having particles to move following a pre-set non-dynamic wind, which is exactly what we currently have in the present mod.

I seem to remember that TheDarkWraith (best known to SHIII players by his old forum name of RacerBoy) managed making SH5 smoke particles to follow real in-game wind. I didn't get time to dig into his files yet, but even if my memory was confirmed, that doesn't necessarily mean that we can achieve the same in our mod: his fix might only work in SH5, or he might have devised a workaround which can't be applied to our mod.

Fingers crossed
gap is offline   Reply With Quote