View Single Post
Old 11-04-16, 12:30 PM   #2
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Niner View Post
Could someone please explain what FOTRS's modding philosophy is?

Then there was RSRDC which didn't overhaul the entire game but tweaked the campaign with the benefit of historical knowledge. There are separate versions for the various "mega-mods".

Are my statements above correct? Have I missed anything else? I know I sound like a total noob but for all intents and purposes I am - I've forgotten a lot about this sim.

Thanks.
Look at the "Sticky: [WIP] FOTRS Ultimate Project" Topic at the top of this Mods Forum. Currently FOTRS is being updated & repaired by a team led by Rockin Robbins. They are improving it and trying to keep their finished result in the spirit of the original FOTRS. It is almost finished and many players are anxiously awaiting its release. It looks fantastic, imo.

RSRD is now a mega mod that does much more than change the shipping in the Campaign. If you are playing TMO and also RSRD you are now playing RSRD's vision of what SH4 should be, because it changes so much of TMO's vision.

Many players really enjoy the RSRD experience.

TMO also has its own campaign, few people realize that it is also a stand-alone mod that is Ducimus' vision of what SH4 should be.

Hope this helps.... 'variety is the spice of life' and many talented people have provided a lot of variety to choose from.

There are so many more than these five 'main' mega mods: GFO, RFB, TMO, RSRD, and soon FOTRS.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote