Commander

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf13
Quote:
this depends mainly on mission objectives
It's the creator work to find real and interesting objectives
I don't disagree with you at all OKO but the unfortunate reality is that unless one belongs to one of the virtual fleets (and usually not even then) MP games usually boil down to free for alls.

I was a member of Seawolves for both Fleet Command and Sub Command and even with them the most popular form of MP was the free for all or team go get 'em mission. It was difficult to get folks to play in a mission where genuine team work was required to achieve some real world goal.

It is very possible as you correctly point out but to do so would IMO require the mission to last longer than most MP players are willing to invest or the action would be limited.

In MP - any kind - not just the Sonalysts games - it seems the quick action knife fight type of game is the most popular.

I have a few ideas why this is so but they're none too complimentary to the average game player so unless specificaly asked I'll just keep them to myself.
Well, the only thing I could say is ... chose your friends on internet !
I use to play different simulations online for years (10 years already ...), and have a group of friends which I always play with, on various games and simulations, except for some very occasionnal times.

When I go to gamespy, it's mostly to find some new juicy targets because there isn't enought people on game to my taste.
But I always host, so always choose the maps and the settings (with my 11.5mbps/1mbps bandwith).
In the case I see people disconnecting, I write their names on my ban list
They could disconnect only once without giving me a good reason, but they need to explain me why they did if they want to join again.
So, at this time, there is lots of people on gamespy not authorised to join my games (not that much, I just counted and they are only 9 at that time).
I just kick them from the gamespy room if they try to come back.
Once kicked, they couldn't rejoin.

And this way, good players enjoy to join serious games, with nice peoples and real scenarios, and not dumb FFA missions with disconnecters.

Anyway, most of the time, I play with friends and not unknown people.
Mainly because of the problem you mentionned above, it's not that often that I'm ready to lost time to meet new people, just because I'm very often disappointed

But everyone have a chance to participate if he ask.
the skill level is not the factor, the good spirit and respect for other players (so, no disconnecters ...) are the only desired things to join my games, whatever the level or the knowledge on this simulation.

I'm lucky enought to have 99% of time only desired people on my games, but finally, that's not really luck
More a time selection effect.

Anyway, here, at subsim, you could meet very nice (and skilled) players for online games.
You could be sure at 95% (but the last 5% should have a chance to join) if you meet someone on gamespy that doesn't come on this board, he will be a quaker FFA player, so, select people here !

And start to built your group of nice people.
It's quite a long way, but a very nice one.
Not only for games but also for other things.

For example, in one month, I will take the palne to see one friend at 800km of me because he invited me.
I never saw him, but as we have same online interest, we decided to meet.

At Paris, where I live, I know more than 10 people IRL I previously met online.
I meet them at aerial meetings, restaurant or going to see them for WE, or a LAN ...

So definitly, I built my own bubble to have more interesting life on internet, with only people I choose (and who choose me also of course)
But I do that for 10 years ...
OKO is offline   Reply With Quote