View Single Post
Old 03-18-06, 08:16 AM   #9
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaQueen
I've noticed that too. That's why I think the best MP games are 1v1 encounters. That way, if you want to play with a lot of people, they have to play multistation. Even then... it really only makes sense to break it up certain ways. For example, I think the same person who has sonar, should also have weps and TMA. Someone else should drive the boat.
If you do it your way, multistation is boring and not worth it.
The concept of multistation is to have the same amount of fun, not one player having fun and the other not doing anything for the rest of the match.
But I understand your point of view, most sub players coming from sub command (or from virtual fleets experiences) etc... are "selfish" (its not an insult) and still don't grasp DW multistation.

For instance I play a lot on the sub in mutistation with Fandango and I have control of Sonar station, Ship control, Radar, Radio&Esm while Fandango has complete control over TMA, weapons, periscope and sam launcher.
It works ideally this way, its fun for the 2 of us and the two of us interact a lot during the game.
Its really fun and adds a totaly new dimension to the multiplayer experience.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote