View Single Post
Old 05-05-12, 09:52 PM   #104
CaliEs
Loader

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
We started on the Equator and shot 3 navigation stars separated by about 120° in bearing to get a nice shaped error triangle. All the site reductions are shown together with the almanac data from the two assumed positions. The error triangles nearly coincide and the correction at these latitudes are almost nonexistant. Also shown is a 30 km circle for reference.

I should say something about the clocks. These shots were done with the screen time at 0001, 0002, and 0003. Since I started the mission in nautical time zone +2, my base time is +2 and I need to add that to the screen clock to get GMT. The excellent results shown give us confidence in several things...
I dont see "excellent results". What i see are posts of ambiguity and questions.
I look at your first calculation with the stars Alioth, Antares and Sirius
My result with your given data is this: 3StarFIX = 000-41.1'S 030-28.3'W, means 50.7nm (= 101.4km) from your real position 000N 031W.

Show us the concret calculation steps from the sighted position to the calculated Hc.
Also give us evidence of the taken shots of the stars. For example Sirius at 12°20 at 0203 GMT.
Why do you put in an index-error of 0.6' to the calculation?