View Single Post
Old 04-18-10, 11:02 PM   #41
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Sf and other things

Hi Eddie,

I haven't yet installed Zee's Pre Kursk Alpha v1 nor his new mission 3. I want to try ZW's new stuff but frankly the posts about low fps and choppy gameplay are not exactly a great incitement. I am going to buy a new pc but not right now so I'll see how the Kursk release plays on my best laptop. Re Mission v4 I think the idea proposed to create 2 sets of missions; one version for high performing pcs and the other stripped-down for less performing ones sounds great.This way you could have the more intense version and enjoy it.And when one of us with a less performing machine upgrades then he could have the more intense version installed

Re imagination Eddie I have noticed a lot a people play their games the way they live their lives.They don't stray too much off the beaten tracks, they're cautious( not always wisely) and love the security of routine. Like you I like to experiment and find ways of going around and manoeuvring.

About the political debates I think they're part of all fora.As long as the debate remains civil and without insults and accusations it's OK but I agree with you that it should not take centre place and perhaps we should make sure that we stay focused on the games and not on the politics.

Re my missions I have more if you are interested and some of those that I emailed to you I modifed to make them a bit easier and more playable.They are still sluggers and the battelfields are littered with burning wrecks. I'll post pics of some of most post missions battlefield.

Eddie re the Tiger 1.0 mod and the Panther Hetzer.You need to have the Steel Panzer 1.4 enabled.To install those mod is very easy.Just download the files and put them in a folder which is not in your game.There you extract the file.You then copy the resulting extracted folder into the Steel Fury MODS folder (which is located in the game's main folder) folder.Don't copy it into the game's main folder.You just need to open the MOds folder and copy the mod into it.Then you'll see the mod appearing in your JSGME which you just need to enable. Your initialisation error message comes form the fact that you may have installed the Tiger 1.0 mod into the game main folder but not into the mods folder? If it's the case just follow the instructions above and delete the copy of the mod you have in the game main folder it creates a conflict.Hope it helps!

Re the Panther Hetzer it's hard to find as the Panther was used without copyrights authorisation.You can easily find the Hetzer mod which you downlaod and install the way I derscribed it to you.The Hetzer mod gives you only one playable misison in the single missions menu Nepokrytoe.It's not compatible with the Tiger 0.98 or 1.0 thus you have to disenable those to pay the Hetzer mission.

The Tiger 1.0 gives you 2 new single misisons one on the Tiger II Nepokrytoe( they love that missions!) and the other with the JS2 with a new IS122 gun against the same Tiger II( Borki map).That mod is compatible with the T34/85 , T60 and KV2 mod.However I am unable to enter the Tiger II into the mission editor to make misisons with it.Likewise with the Panther.
Cheers

Last edited by frinik; 04-18-10 at 11:17 PM.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote