View Single Post
Old 06-28-18, 06:05 AM   #193
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Unwittingly came across what could easily be turned into a bit of a scam if you tour the local ASDA stores in your area.

Out shopping with the wife the other day and as we were walking along the craft ales isle I decided to replenish some of my stocks.

I picked up four bottles of Wold Gold and a mix of four Badger Brewery ales, (Firkin Fox, Hopping Hare, Fursty Ferret and Golden Champion). All had identical tickets on them stating the individula prices and the fact four could be had for £6.

Took the shopping trolley to the checkout and the wife paid for her grocery shop and I put the beer through separately.

The Wold Gold went through correctly at £6 for four but the four differing Badger brews went through at £6.60 making a combined total of £12,60 instead of what should have been £12.

The wife works for M&S and is more savvy about these things than me and without making a fuss, she politely told the cashier that all the brews had identical ticket prices for purchases of four bottles therefore under current trading standards regulations the goods should be sold at the price they are marked at. By this time I had already swiped my contactless card therefore paying.

The cashier understood and put the bottles through again but the outcome was the same result so they gave me £2.00 of vouchers by way of an apology and asked me to go to the Customer Services counter where the matter should be rectified to my satisfaction.

Upon arrival and after the usual scanning of goods the same result was the outcome so the staff member asked me if I would take them to said aisle and they would check the tickets. Two minutes later a further apology was issued and a further £2.00 voucher was given.

This means I've £4 off my next replenishment mission and the lesson learned....computerised systems can and sometimes will get it wrong.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote