View Single Post
Old 05-20-17, 09:22 AM   #10
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

JuanLiquid, I think I have found your problem. Here is the description for the mod "Realistic contacts for SH3" from the SubSIm downloads page:

Quote:
This mod removes all the contact icons on the navmap (warships, merchants, convoys, task forces, aircrafts, submarines). For distant contact reports all you will have is the radio message with the Grid + speed + heading. For nearby contact reports it will be somewhat similar to real life RDF contacts: the time compression drop will indicate a "radio contact" but you will have no way to know where it comes from and where the ship is heading.

The aim is to simulate the "fuzzyness" of real life contact reports which couldn't be as accurate as in SH3 due to the means of navigations used by then. Most likely it will make you miss merchants and convoys interceptions. This will compensate for the high number of contact reports in SH3 and maybe result in more "historical" patrol results.
This is not exactly the mod you refer to ("Realistic contacts with sub icons") and I couldn't locate that one. Buy I suspect they are basically the same mod, by Mikhayl. If so, the mod is doing just what it is supposed to do, and nothing is showing up on your map. This makes finding targets a lot harder, as you are experiencing. Try removing that mod and see if the contact appear on your map. If so, you will have to choose between more realism and more in-game action. Whichever you choose, remember: "If you're having fun, even if everyone else says you're doing it wrong, you're doing it right."

Good luck and good hunting!

UPDATE: I just checked. "Realistic contacts with sub icons" is the same mod (but with sub icons retained). It is distributed in the same 7Zip file as "Realistic contacts for SH3" and the same readme, quoted above, applies to both. So that's the reason for the missing map contacts. As they say, it's a feature. :-)
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote