View Single Post
Old 02-04-17, 02:25 PM   #20
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Russians have developed an improved Skval that can be set with a launch delay, giving the Russian sub time to clear the launch site.
As a game player and an arm chair admiral ... I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian submarine fleet stays close to home with any missiles that can go 4,000 nm or so. The boomers that is with at least one assigned ssn to guard her, even an old diesel could do that or the new submarine drones they will probably piggy back sooner than we will.

Plus I haven't done much research ... have y'all?

How does this tracking where a missile came from benefit the other side and how do they do that by satellite? Plus what weapon would they launch to the area it came from?

Most if not all nuclear warheads are designed to be air burst weapons. I know asw helio's aren't going to be anywhere near a launch. Giving the offending party time to cavitate out of that area at a high speed.

One sad thought though we may never know who is the best or who won the war. The only happy submarine crew will be the ones left alive.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote