View Single Post
Old 12-19-10, 04:53 AM   #5
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

I agree with the comments made thus far. One thing lacking in OM is that you cannot upgrade to a new submarine. That's not as much of a problem as it first seems. When you're ready for a new submarine, roll a couple of dice and wait that number of months, then start a new campaign with the new sub. OK, you get a new crew to train, but when you think about it that's more realistic than being able to take your entire crew with you to a new boat.
Bear in mind also that renown points are effectively worthless. Some people like this, arguing that the renown system was unrealistic, others miss it.
There are neutrals, but as far as I can tell you don't get penalised for sinking them. This isn't as odd as it first seems, as neutral ships near Allied harbours & neutrals sailing as part of Allied convoys were legitimate targets.
I've played every type of submarine & have played from 1939 to the war's end. It gets very tough in the latter part of the war - as it should be. Just getting out to patrol and back again is an achievement. Overall, a great mod & it's amazing that it was produced by one person.
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote