Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
I've never really understood the unnecessary tension between Silent Hunter III and Silent Hunter IV on the subject of modding.
Because everyone on the SH3 side is ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
But for some people, if its not Uboats with GWX stenciled on it, it doesnt exist. If ignorance is bliss, theres some really happy folks out there.
Wasn't my intention to be so blunt, but i guess your right, thats what i was saying. So, i might as well step up to the plate..

yes, theres a lot of ignorance coming from the SH3 folks.

1.) This whole "I like one side and the other is a bunch of crap" mentality is old, and gets on everyones nerves. I sometimes cope the same attitude back, but only as a response to the original prodding.

2.) In relation to point 1, a lot of people here play uboats exclusively, and are too ignorant to "Expand their horizons" ( ). They'll talk a lot of smack about something they know nothing about. Personally, i didn't want to play another uboat game in SH3, but i got informed on it anyway. I probably know as much about uboats as i do about fleetboats (if not moreso). I can't say others here on subsim are as open minded.

3.) Comments like "the modding hasn't taken off yet", In any context, get on alot of peoples nerves as well. Particuarlly when youve spent 4 or 5 hours on the game every night, or every other night, for months now. The proof that the modding has taken off is in the work thats been published, the highlights are too numberous to list. Right now im sitting on two updates to TM that i havent posted yet. When people imply nothing has been done for modding, the kneejerk reaction is "hmm gee, WTF have i been doing for months now?!"

Which i guess leads into another point. Bragging. For the most part, folks don't do too much of that here. At least, not in a fashion to say, "look how much better my mod is over the other ones!". The modding community here is not the cutthroat compedative world that SH3's was, (or is? :hmm: ), but an open source, collaborative effort. So your not going to see a whole lot of , "Sneak peek" posts.

At any rate, im tired of all this. I dont expect the ignorance level to change here anytime soon. So all im trying to do now, is finish my work so i can back away from all of this crap. I'll have my game that ive been waiting 12 years for, and to me, thats all that matters in the end - not the typical subsim.com school yard antics.
Mate, with all due respect... Please, and it's almost a prayer... Grow up.

You do not like GWX because you do not appreciate the Kapitän... Good (though not appreciating the expansion just because you don't like one and only person is... a bit childish ). But please, KEEP THIS STORY FOR YOU NOW ! People have nothing to do with what happened to you. Not that people is not interested in reading what you think of GWX... But STOP LIVING IN THE PAST. You are strongly against GWX, nice. But do you think that's what's going to make us move to the pacific, or to make us leave Subsim ?
I don't think so, Ducimus.
Now, if you do not grow up, please, at least stop being unpleasant. It only shows one and only thing, unfortunately : that you still are a child and that you can not handle the presence of GWX/the GWX guys staying silent.

You're tired of all this. You couldn't even handle to see a Type VII intact, you prefer them damaged and destroyed... Ok, good. But being there is a right we all have. Please, be a man... And bear with it. You 've already told everybody that you want to finish your work on SH4, then you'll leave Subsim... You have left Subsim, don't know how many times. And you've always been back... So please, stop being rude to us/GWX.

Now, concerning the red part... I do not agree. We simply are interested in the Kriegsmarine too much to fall in love with the U.S. Navy actually, no more. What I mean is that lots of SH3 players play SH4 as well (don't have a computer able to run it myself, do I still need to mention it ? ), but they don't feel as much "concerned" sailing the Pacific as the Atlantic ocean. That's all. We Atlantic lovers respect the U.S. Navy as much as we respect the Kriegsmarine.

Also... Feel at home here, everybody does... But remember that we do not force you to visit the u-boat missions section of Subsim.

Zee ju ! :p

Respectfully,

Alex

Last edited by Alex; 04-07-08 at 02:26 PM.