Old 04-27-19, 05:19 PM   #5
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
To clear up some possible confusion;

The actual crush depth in the .zon file is the depth you start taking damage if you go below it - I just ran a test with this Porpoise, at 330 feet no damage for 2 minutes, at 335 feet I started taking damage after about one minute. Possibly there's a fudge factor, or a difference between 1.4 and 1.5. Never got any warning from the crew, I've heard people talk about "approaching critical depth" and "below safe depth" but never saw that on the message window. OTOH it could be audible only, and I do have speech turned off.

Second item is the needles;

Those are in the .cfg file instead of the .zon, the "max depth" in the .cfg file merely positions the red needle in the deep depth gauge, does not affect the actual crush depth in any way. The "crash depth" in the .cfg file is not the same as the one in the .zon file, the .cfg crash depth is the depth the crew will level off when you order a crash dive.

What I usually do is set the "crash depth" (CRUSH depth) in the .zon file, then set the "max depth" in the .cfg about 6 meters less than that number so the red needle on the deep depth gauge actually means something.

BTW, you are testing by starting a new career each time instead of loading a save game that already has the original values loaded?
Yes that is what I mean. Now I see what you meant by multiple by 3.3 because you were getting ~330 out of 100!

But that isn't holding with my numbers. As 82.5 is 247, not 200.

What I'm trying to avoid is having to adjust the value, log into game, test, close game, change value, log into,...... If I can know like 82.5 is 200 feet, 250=.., ect. Because many of the different type had the same value (200, 250, 300, 350, 400).

Guess I'll just have to test the values and get one set for each. Time consuming and tedious, but that info will help. I was wondering how I could get the crew to let me know and for it to be displayed.

I planned on testing by going into single mission, selecting a mission that allows the boat I wish to test, and test it. As that seems to have the fewest clicks and load times.