View Single Post
Old 05-29-07, 06:40 PM   #50
Driftwood
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Ok, I'm sure feeling like a real noob about now and it's getting frustrating. I've been attempting (key word ) to play at 100% realism.......oops.....97%... I want to see some eye candy. Anyway, I've read pretty much everything in here about using the TDC and setting up attacks.

1) ID Ship, ok, NP.
2) Turn on position keeper. (some say now, some say later).
3) Get target range. NP, I can use the stadimeter just fine.
4) Get AOB. Now I'm not really into all the formulas and methods I've read about in here so I simply give it my best eyeball call and turn the little dial until its about right. I figure that will get better with time.
5) Get speed estimate. Tried a few different methods here and still haven't really settled on one I'm comfortable with, but even that I figure will come with some time.

I get into a pretty good setup, I'm ahead of a two ship convoy, that is traveling slow. Prior to gaining visual on the convoy I use radar tracking for a while and I estimate speed at about 7-8 knots, which is half their top speed. I send each and every observation into the TDC. I check and recheck my fish settings (high speed, contact). The first fish will head off into a reasonable direction (meaning toward the intended target), maybe ahead, maybe slightly behind, however subsequent fish I fire seem to go off in directions that have nothing to do with what I've input into the TDC. I'm running version 1.2 with the latest version of RFB. I'm beginning to think I've got a saboteur working the TDC. Anyone got any ideas besides going back to Dangerous Waters?

P.S. Does using the "L" key for locking the periscope view have anything to do with this?

P.S.S. Or how about leaving on the position keeper?

Last edited by Driftwood; 05-29-07 at 07:45 PM.
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote