View Single Post
Old 10-10-17, 07:10 PM   #1541
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

If its any help, I run DW/RA (1.43 right now) on a Win10, 64 bit system.

The best way to update RA is to run the update on a "pure" install of DW(patched to DW 1.04). I also tend to avoid installing DW and Sub Command to a "program files" location. They just run a little cleaner from a root directory and Win10 doesn't spazz out.

I keep a "pure" DW install in my main C directory (C\: ) and copy it out to the desktop to add an RA update. Then, rename the new folder to something like DWRA143 and move it back to the main C directory. I have a non-Steam version of DW (direct download from Amazon), so I use the "Launch DW" exe proggy to select which version of RA I want to run.

As it stands now, I can run DW, RA1.42, RA1.42b, or RA1.43 by just launching "Launch DW" from the folder I want. After that, I can launch that version from a desktop icon. As long as I run "Launch DW" first, I can point the desktop shortcut to whichever version I want to run.

Obviously, for Win10 you'll also need the display dll file installed to the MAIN DW folder as well as all of your modded DW installs. I keep the DLL in my "pure" DW folder as well. Ivan included the DLL with RA, but you need to be sure it gets moved to the main folder.

One last thing to keep in mind- RA is a VERY complex mod of DW. Some things will just be a little flakey, like driving the playable Ohio or Delta boats at slow bells, but overall RA keeps things interesting.

Last edited by ET2SN; 10-10-17 at 09:46 PM.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote