View Single Post
Old 07-18-13, 01:57 PM   #26
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Actually the British elite forces much preferred the M1928 Thompson because it had a single stack magazine which was very reliable(the drum mags where hated).The Sten used a double stack and in those days double stacks tended to jam the MP-40 had a doubles stack as well and it jammed a lot.Also the .45ACP has much more punch than 9x19mm.I have several very reliable sources that tell me that the Sten was not designed to use MP-40 magazines including a person who has owned Stens in the past not trying to rub it in your face but that information is not correct about the swapping of magazines.
Well I'll have to check up on that. You're probably right.

Quote:
"Deadliest Warrior" is a rather unreliable source of information.You need to read books specifically about firearms and their design and production.For example those trade books that list the values of firearms those are written by experts.The factor that you are failing to consider is that most every combatant knows how to take care of their weapon because their life depends on it therefore the odds are high that will be in good working order maybe not spotlessly clean but it will pass a functionality check.You pick a Taliban weapon trust me it will work perfectly.
Deadliest Warrior really isn't. I know...but that was just what one of the SOF guys was saying. Yes, there's the factor that they will take care of their weapon. If you're fighting a proper Army I'm sure that the weapons will be clean and working well.

I do really need to read some books. Some of my knowledge on firearms comes from bits and pieces that I pick up. I've got too many books to read right now though...Don't have the time.