View Single Post
Old 03-15-19, 04:08 PM   #729
AKD
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP514 View Post
Hi all really looking forward to playing SH5 and exp. the TWO's mod...

Trying to read the how to's here but it is like a huge mine field...
I ordered the SH5 Gold addition from Kinguin and downloaded it thru the Ubisoft-uplay.

everything (uplay and SH5) Downloaded under 1 folder and I have seen the DAM Trailer load up with out sound mind you about 12 times but still can not get the basic game to run on Win 10.(all I get when launching is the trailer w/ no sound in upper 3/4 of my screen then nothing)

Any way I will be happy to finally get this to work(posted in SH5 gereral for some direction)

AP514
Hey AP, I think I know you. :P

Had the same problem trying to get this up and running a few days ago and after much trouble found a solution:

Go the the sh5.exe in your install folder and right click. Select properties and go the to compatibility tab [while here you might as well check "Run this program as administrator" under Settings]. At the bottom of settings under the compatibility tab there should be a button for "Change high DPI settings". Select this then check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application."

That let me get the stock game running, then installing the TWOS mod was no issue.
AKD is offline   Reply With Quote