View Single Post
Old 08-12-17, 11:12 AM   #525
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

I have already tried making splash/spray particles more affected by the wind than they are now, but the effect was not good because it looked like the whole splash (not only the spray) moved too far away from the lighthouse base. What I can do is making a third particle type, simulating vapourized water, to spawn with a certain delay, and to move further away from the splash following wind's direction. What do you think? Should I add this particle to both particle generators, or only to the one used for the highest waves?
At sea, when it is very windy, the tops of the waves are whipped up into spray. I would therefore suggest adding it to the highest waves - it might look a bit messy otherwise. I'm not sure everything follows the wind direction anyway - the waves, for example, come from any direction as far as I can make out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Honetsly I didn't mess too much with other mission parameters than wind speed, but as for many other "fixed" values in game, it is possible that the game code randomizes them
I'm sure it's nothing to do with this work - I had to disable a few other mods to take screenshots etc, so most likely some tail-end charlie is messing up the clouds - my problem

regards,

MLF