View Single Post
Old 11-20-17, 07:26 AM   #19
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by succerpunch View Post
This might work but will make so much noise that you might as well just blast stereo music because it will probably be just as loud.
I'm never using the Blow Tanks feature, I just set the ballasts and planes to maximum, this has the same result without the big sound spread around.
I would use it if my sub is too damaged with propulsion and planes not working, then you don't have much other choice or you will soon implode when going down...Be aware that once your hull is damaged, your max. depth is greatly reduced, the game is far too generous with that 'death threshold' IMO. With 30% Hull I still was able to hit the 800 feet depth safely which is not realistic. With more realism you would indeed use the Blow Tanks more frequently.

I don't see (or understand your point) that while playing these emergency tanks don't work as intended, and 2 minutes waiting time for resetting the needed pressure are really generous compared to the real thing. In the game, these 2 minutes are however an 'eternal' time to wait, unfortunately AFAIK you cannot mod it; in this time you are completly at the mercy of surface enemies and planes.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 11-20-17 at 07:42 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote