View Single Post
Old 03-20-18, 09:00 AM   #3
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well thank you Kapitan for an intelligent reply

I think America, meaning the USN, submarine service should be investing it's resources in diesel submarine for coastal defense in case of a prolonged overseas war where the SSN's would be trapped due to distance to protect our shores.

The ones Germany build for Israel are nice, but I'm thinking just improve the old WWII design with four diesel engines and leave a lot of that AIP stuff for later seeing how they would just protect the 12 mile limit east west and gulf.

Three for one at 1.6 billion dollars

http://www.janes.com/article/78588/i...e-requirements

Quote:
The first of a batch of three new Israeli Navy submarines is expected to be operational in 2030, a senior naval official has told Jane’s .
Colonel G (full name withheld), head of the Israeli Navy’s Submarines Department, said he expected the navy to sign a procurement contract with Germany’s ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) in 2020. “This will be followed by eight years of production,” he added.
his does not appear to have slowed the pace of the Future Israeli Navy Submarine (FINS) programme. “In terms of schedule, we are right on time,” Col G said. “If I want a submarine to get here at end of the next decade, I have to start building in 2020. We don’t have much time to waste.”

The three new submarines will replace Israel’s three original Dolphin-class boats that were commissioned in 1999–2000 and serve alongside the second-generation boats that have been built by TKMS, the third of which is expected to arrive in Israel later this year.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote