View Single Post
Old 08-05-17, 10:44 PM   #5120
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It was Japanese, correct?... - wouldn't want you sinking any Aussies...

When you say " Location is about 18 nm south of a point 50 nm SE of area marked "SA" on the map", are you referring to the designated map area SA? or are you looking at a map location "name" that SA in it? I'm assuming that you started in Manila?

When you went to the Sonar Station, did you use the mouse wheel to point the sonar head close to the last bearing report from the Sonarman? You'll see the little arrow indicator spin around as you move the mouse wheel... ??

I'm assuming that you started in Manila?
White flag, red meatball. Japanese merchant. I had received the radio message about all the Allied POWs taken by the Japanese at Wake very recently. But I looked at the distance and time since message and decided that not enough time had passed for that ship to have Allied POWs on it. So down she went.

I should have said "Location is about 18 nm south of a point 50 nm SE of the letters "SA" on the map.

Mouse wheel you say? I'll have to try that. No, what I was doing was asking for him to report contacts, making note of the bearing, and then left mouse clicking in the black outer dial area to cause the head to sweep across the bearing of the contact. No green lamp and no sound. My own screws, however, were lighting the green lamp and producing a sound. On bearing 180 of course.

Pearl is home base. Departed December 8th and made maximum speed to Midway. Topped off fuel and proceeded to the encounter that I have described at a fuel economy speed of 10-11 knots.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 08-05-17 at 10:52 PM.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote