View Single Post
Old 10-25-17, 08:18 PM   #7
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Or get even closer Once the torpedo starts snaking, it's going to effectively lose some of its speed and range because of the snake pattern.

That would be true, but if you steered the torp so it ran straight after it enabled, wouldn't it outrun the Alfa and eventually catch it? I know the Alfa can do about 42kts, but the Mk48 ADCAP runs close to or a bit over 50kts at attack speed, doesn't it? I've KIA'ed Alfa's before and I know you do have to get the torp kinda close to the sub. If you enable it too early and it has to make a long high speed run, then you risk running out of fuel.

The only other thing I can think of is if you try to catch up to the Alfa with the Mk48 running at pre-enable speed before you go active on the torp. Is the 48 slower at running to enable speed?

"CC"

edit.....
***The ADCAP runs at 50kts pre-enabled, and 55kts or better at attack speed, which should be plenty to catch an Alfa. Just watch your fuel and plan the shot***

Last edited by CaptainCruise; 10-30-17 at 09:11 PM.
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote