View Single Post
Old 04-28-10, 02:22 AM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordATF View Post
Thank You, just downloaded the guide and will start reading it tonight!

Basicly what i am trying to do is to open each mission in the stock campaign and change the group properties from a specific ship type to the generic version of that type so the ships i encounter will be totally random. I'm really not trying to add anything, but just change what i encounter.

I thought that the major battle missions would be saved as scripted and the convoy,taskforce ect missions were saved as random. Is this the general idea?

Anyway, Thanks Again!
I don't really know if there is any difference between a scripted layer and a regular Save, if there is a difference I don't know what it would be. I know Rnd only save Random groups and Land only land units (that was hard to figure out) Mapnotes is useless.

One thing I do know is when you edit a mission and save it, you will generate a .mis and a .tsr file. For the Campaign you can delete the .tsr file, it contains the mission title and mission briefing for a Single mission, so if you are just changing some ships for the Campaign you can delete it.

Edit: I guess I didn't really answer the actual question, yes Random Groups are used most of the time. If you want to be very specific for a battle then you would not use Random Groups. You could use Random groups and just make all the ships 100% chance of spawning. A Random group is easier to set up then a manual group. But there isn't as much control over specific location of a ship in a group or the specific spacing, but there are not many battles where you would have the information to be that specific. Random Groups are evenly spaced, manual groups you can start out with an even spacing to get them all together neatly and then you can move individual ships. So you really could go either way.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 04-28-10 at 02:33 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote