Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 09-08-18, 03:31 AM   #353
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

It seems I had kind of a bad start with the african reserve, the first hours only spent on a part of the map that is the least attractive, and offering the mentioned visual problems. However, I walked hours in other parts as well now, and must say this map all in all is a work of beauty. The cokours and the light match what I imagine it to be near the equator, the atmosphere and mood of the place is fantastic, the jungles are thick and adventurous, the high grass in the savannah turns it into a very different playing.

I mjst say I like this new Hunter game better than the old one now. I do not care what the crowd says about less realism in it, I see no decisive differences, tbh, and a few occasional bugs here or there I can easily forgive. This is a superb hunting experience on computer, and a very nice hide-and-seek game, something for the sneakers and the patient. You need to gain some perks and skills to move around and be able to shoot (with a ganmepad, not a mouse) reliably, but that is okay, and I tremendously like that lure and callers do not work as reliably as they do in the classic game: call, wait, shoot, becasue the animals come with 100% certainty.

I also suffered my first death as a Hunter ever in te game. A grumpy Cape Buffalo I stumbled into in the high grass near a swamp. He charged, I soon learned I could not run away, only evade, and finally despartely let of a round - but havign only a .243, that ily turned him even angrier, so he played football with me, buffalo style.

Quite some of the bigger animals can and do attack the player. Even a damn coyote recently tried to bite me.

Love it!