View Single Post
Old 04-07-10, 12:11 PM   #15
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
I was just going over one of these tables the other night, wondering how well they worked. What I was wondering is how different ranges affect the chart, I could see a hit on a target at 1-2km but what about say 600m or 5km?
They don't affect if the gyro angle is close to 0 degrees (or 180 for aft). The time the torpedo's need to move is exactly as long as the target needs to get to his doom. The only time that range matters is when the torpedo's need to turn a signigficant amount after leaving the tubes.

Quote:
I need a way to dispose of circling warships, I can never tell the speed of them (I always guess for DD's cause I never have the time to properly check in a convoy attack)

Also I use the torpedo speeds so they all go off within afew seconds of each other, having all the tubes open really helps for this I find.
Don't bother with the DDs. Try to follow the convoy trying to to plot their course and speed during the day. And see how the convoy is aranged. Only attack at evening, night or sunrise. You can get much closer. Just don't rush in allready perpendicular to their course.. Aproach them more or less at parallel course. Then speed up a bit and steer to them genthly. Then you'll slowly close up on them, but things don't go as hasty.